Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko" English translation (Bride for Rent soundtrack)

I just finished watching Bride for Rent. The movie was nothing special, to me at least, but it did live up to its classification as a RomCom. The message of the film was nice. I, too, don't believe in a perfect forever. But I am open to the fact that the are people who can bear with their significant other's imperfections and will still choose to be with them,  whatever the cost may be. With that said, I really like the soundtrack of the film. It's a classic.


I wrote an English translation  for the non-Filipino speakers to understand the song. You'll find the song really sweet if you can speak Filipino. I tried to get the meaning across as close to the original as possible.

Even When My Hair Turns White

When we grow old
I hope we won't ever change 
At any time, in any place
This will be my dream
Can you still bring yourself to
Hug me and be with me ooooh
Until the day we both age
I wonder
Would you still love me
When my hair turns white

When the time comes
Your hair, my dear
Will turn white, too
We will together reminisce
things from our past

We will relive our memories ooooh
I will remind you, my dear
Of my promise
that my love will always only be yours
Even when my hair turns white

We will relive our memories hmmmmm
I will remind you, my dear
Of my promise
that my love will always only be yours
Even when my hair turns white
Even when my hair turns white

Note: "maputi" (adj.) means white; "puti" (n.) means white
In Filipino, hair that is "maputi" literally means white hair, if you're not comfortable with the phrase, you can substitute "white" with "gray" since they still mean the same

No comments:

Post a Comment